Skip to main content

To My Crush , Please Send the Right Signals


Smitten by you, I was ascending to heaven from hell, 

I could not find any pill to cure my pounding heart, 

My mind is cleaned with waters of your charms, 

And I fell into something that I should not have. 

Every time you spell my name, I'm taken to the land of passion again, after years. 

Every time you say goodbye, I see our eyes locking, 

Our pupils struggle with embarrassment from unspoken emotions. 

Every time I catch you looking at me, 

I feel stupid, and

Every time you talk to me, I do compare

it with others. 

A trail of first things are happening with me

when I think of you, and

I get erased into the four-dimensional world of entanglement. 

My feelings are opaque in your presence to force you to look at me, 

But it becomes transparent in my loneliness, 

And takes the form of full-time fledged smiles, 

Hovering above my room with wings. 

What have you done to me? 

This cannot happen and I will not reveal my feelings, 

Unless you give the right signal. 

All the signals that I'm getting may be wrong, 

Leading to wrong paths of thorns and pain, 

Please send the right signals, 

I'm on the verge of destruction, 

Unable to form my reality. 

The reality of impossibility, and

Of you turning into one of my unsent letters, 

That was hurt by opening the cover. 

I wonder if you know how I overthink and fantasize about you, 

You and your signals may have wrongly read, 

Please take them back, 

Because I'm unable to confront you and get hurt, 

I'm unable to stop stalking you and seeking your attention. 

Please send the right signals nonchalantly, 

I will keep them safe and sound. 

To meet you at the corners or to sit lonely at the corners. 

A. C




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laapataa Ladies aka Ladies Lost in Patriarchy

Kiran Rao’s “Laapataa Ladies” is a social satire that offers entertainment as well as empowerment. The movie humorously portrays the grave realities of a patriarchal society with the help of a simple story and background. As the name and the trailer suggested, it revolves around two newly married brides who get lost on the way to their in-laws’ home. While Jaya, whom Deepak accidentally brings home instead of his wife Phool, seizes this opportunity to follow her dream, Phool undergoes profound personal growth during the time. This period shows multiple women discovering themselves. Some learn to do things that they love for themselves while others learn to explore and embrace their talents.  Even though Jaya and Phool are two contradictory characters, they are both equally victims of patriarchal conditioning. While Jaya is ready to break and act against all the norms of society from the very beginning by uttering the name of her husband to everyone’s disbelief, Phool learns to do t...

SHE

She was a girl of little importance.. She was not a damsel or a princess. But there was fire in her eyes. The fire of determination. Fire of dreams to be fullfilled. She never saw it ,but others did. But others never understood it ,but she did. She always dreamt of her future prince. Her shining eyes and glossy lips always waited for the arrival of her prince. One day. She met her prince,the charming one who came on white horse, she believed destiny made them meet, And she prayed let the same destiny unite them!! Days passed. Everyday she saw him. But she was afraid to come out of her shell. Another day. As she walked, he came. He walked towards her. she paused. As he reached closer her heart wrenched from its seat. And now there is no distance  between them. He smiled and reached for her lips. she closed her eyes. They kissed. It was deep. He looked at her. She tried to be normal.. But there was nothing normal around her...

Tu Koi Aur Hai

The characters of Imtiaz Ali are always difficult to decipher and can only be done if the actors do complete justice to it. And two such celebrated characters of Imtiaz Ali are Ved and Tara of Tamasha . Meeting Ved in Corsica was accidental to Tara. Both of them came there to be alone and enjoy some time away from their busy life. But what destiny had for them was different. But for Tara, what happened in Corsica didn't just stay at Corsica. What attracted Tara towards Ved was his coolness and the quirkiness which ultimately made her fall in love with him and break up with her boyfriend. She continued to pamper the memories at Corsica even without knowing Ved or his name. But meeting Ved which she longed for four years and being his girlfriend was not what Tara wanted. Tara fell in love with the Ved whom she met at Corsica not the Ved at Delhi. But it was all difficult for the Ved who is actually battling bipolar disorder to accept his reality. Ved wanted to live the life that he d...