Skip to main content

I'm Sorry




I'm sorry for women out there
who do not have a room of their own,
to cry out loud.
I'm sorry for women who do not have a space of their own to soliloquize.
I'm sorry for women out there
who suffocate in the air of pretension and who struggle to let go.
I'm sorry for women who cannot enjoy the silence,
And who are silenced when they want to whoop it up.
I'm sorry for women who cannot say 'no',
Who is touched, when they don't want to be.
I'm sorry for women who are surrounded by when they long for loneliness.
I'm sorry for women whose broken heart is not mended.
I'm sorry for women who are killed a thousand times when they live.
I'm sorry for women who can be billionaires by selling their tears.
I'm sorry for women who are blamed for being selfish.
I'm sorry for women who are doomed from birth.
                                           I'm sorry for women who bleed and bleed and bleed,
And who cannot give birth.
I'm sorry for women who are called ugly and dark.
I'm sorry for women who carry 'impossible' dreams,
who are criticized for being chameleons.
I'm sorry for women whose virginities and loyalties and sexualities are questioned.
I'm sorry for women who want to escape from toxic relationships.
I'm sorry for single women who are getting old,
and single mothers who grow bold.
I'm sorry for women who do not know cooking,
and who are trapped in the kitchen.
I'm sorry for the plump and thin women.
I'm sorry for men trapped in women's bodies and women in men's.
I'm sorry for women who are sensitive and depressed.
I'm sorry for women who seek pleasure,
who sell their bodies for a living.
I'm sorry for women who live independently,
who are considered as 'asking for it' 
because she revealed the skin that should not be,
because she is traveling at night.
I'm sorry for women who want to love women,
but who are counseled and called hysterical.
I'm sorry for that extra X chromosome. 
I'm sorry for women who are not sorry.
I'm sorry for being a woman,
for my womanhood.
Because every time you make me apologize for being a woman,
I feel guilty.

A.C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laapataa Ladies aka Ladies Lost in Patriarchy

Kiran Rao’s “Laapataa Ladies” is a social satire that offers entertainment as well as empowerment. The movie humorously portrays the grave realities of a patriarchal society with the help of a simple story and background. As the name and the trailer suggested, it revolves around two newly married brides who get lost on the way to their in-laws’ home. While Jaya, whom Deepak accidentally brings home instead of his wife Phool, seizes this opportunity to follow her dream, Phool undergoes profound personal growth during the time. This period shows multiple women discovering themselves. Some learn to do things that they love for themselves while others learn to explore and embrace their talents.  Even though Jaya and Phool are two contradictory characters, they are both equally victims of patriarchal conditioning. While Jaya is ready to break and act against all the norms of society from the very beginning by uttering the name of her husband to everyone’s disbelief, Phool learns to do t...

SHE

She was a girl of little importance.. She was not a damsel or a princess. But there was fire in her eyes. The fire of determination. Fire of dreams to be fullfilled. She never saw it ,but others did. But others never understood it ,but she did. She always dreamt of her future prince. Her shining eyes and glossy lips always waited for the arrival of her prince. One day. She met her prince,the charming one who came on white horse, she believed destiny made them meet, And she prayed let the same destiny unite them!! Days passed. Everyday she saw him. But she was afraid to come out of her shell. Another day. As she walked, he came. He walked towards her. she paused. As he reached closer her heart wrenched from its seat. And now there is no distance  between them. He smiled and reached for her lips. she closed her eyes. They kissed. It was deep. He looked at her. She tried to be normal.. But there was nothing normal around her...

Tu Koi Aur Hai

The characters of Imtiaz Ali are always difficult to decipher and can only be done if the actors do complete justice to it. And two such celebrated characters of Imtiaz Ali are Ved and Tara of Tamasha . Meeting Ved in Corsica was accidental to Tara. Both of them came there to be alone and enjoy some time away from their busy life. But what destiny had for them was different. But for Tara, what happened in Corsica didn't just stay at Corsica. What attracted Tara towards Ved was his coolness and the quirkiness which ultimately made her fall in love with him and break up with her boyfriend. She continued to pamper the memories at Corsica even without knowing Ved or his name. But meeting Ved which she longed for four years and being his girlfriend was not what Tara wanted. Tara fell in love with the Ved whom she met at Corsica not the Ved at Delhi. But it was all difficult for the Ved who is actually battling bipolar disorder to accept his reality. Ved wanted to live the life that he d...