Skip to main content

Be My Pair


When mosses grow around my bed,
Creeping under the blankets,
Hiding away from lights,
And lifting my body to a higher plane,
I will ask you to be my pair.
Timeless dreams and faceless figures
Capture my mind
Bringing novelty to my existence,
That's when you have to be my pair.
When absurd drama is about to begin,
I will ask you to be my pair,
To pretend love
To pretend hate.
I see the sweat on your foreheads,
Your eyes sparkle from the sprinkling of sunbeams
Which jumped over my head to hug  you.
Lost in a world of opaqueness,
I will present you the old tattered tshirt,
Which will make you nauseous
Of memories.
That's when I remember the promises that you gave me,
To become my pair.
Once you become my pair,
I can take you to the caves that seem to be haunted,
Where i have hidden the magic wand.
When I say that I can take you to the past,
Unable to believe, you will stay indifferent.
When the door finally opens,
You will scream and hide behind the bushes,
Unable to withstand the sight.
You will accept my help
And will travel to a realm of
Thousand faded memories.
Revisiting, you will believe me
and I will be still waiting outside the open door,
Without entering the cave.

A.C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laapataa Ladies aka Ladies Lost in Patriarchy

Kiran Rao’s “Laapataa Ladies” is a social satire that offers entertainment as well as empowerment. The movie humorously portrays the grave realities of a patriarchal society with the help of a simple story and background. As the name and the trailer suggested, it revolves around two newly married brides who get lost on the way to their in-laws’ home. While Jaya, whom Deepak accidentally brings home instead of his wife Phool, seizes this opportunity to follow her dream, Phool undergoes profound personal growth during the time. This period shows multiple women discovering themselves. Some learn to do things that they love for themselves while others learn to explore and embrace their talents.  Even though Jaya and Phool are two contradictory characters, they are both equally victims of patriarchal conditioning. While Jaya is ready to break and act against all the norms of society from the very beginning by uttering the name of her husband to everyone’s disbelief, Phool learns to do t...

SHE

She was a girl of little importance.. She was not a damsel or a princess. But there was fire in her eyes. The fire of determination. Fire of dreams to be fullfilled. She never saw it ,but others did. But others never understood it ,but she did. She always dreamt of her future prince. Her shining eyes and glossy lips always waited for the arrival of her prince. One day. She met her prince,the charming one who came on white horse, she believed destiny made them meet, And she prayed let the same destiny unite them!! Days passed. Everyday she saw him. But she was afraid to come out of her shell. Another day. As she walked, he came. He walked towards her. she paused. As he reached closer her heart wrenched from its seat. And now there is no distance  between them. He smiled and reached for her lips. she closed her eyes. They kissed. It was deep. He looked at her. She tried to be normal.. But there was nothing normal around her...

A Second Thought

  Blankness engulfs me The thought of being dumb Decision pending... Grab my hand Take me away Away to the darkness Hell is being created here... I run to hide.. Hide beneath the blankets Goosebumps... Shiver... Fear... Owls... Houls... Blood... Tides... Thunder... Blinking lights... Black and White Steps... Gorges... Heart beats... Nightmares... Everything  transcends darkness... Orendaa!! Altar... Angels... Baby's breath... Laughs... Sunlight... Rain... Candles... Peace... Breath at last... Yes! Time to revamp my life. A.C